MI

I was reading over lab results and noticed that my egfr is 55 and my creatinine is 1.5 and according to what i have found researching the internet it states that i am in stage 1 kidney disease or failure. i don't know if i need to see the dr or not?

Dr. John Berryman
A "EGFR of 55" and a "creatinine of 1.5" are both suggestive of impending kidney disease. Get a referral to a nephrologist for analysis of current lab data and treatment suggestions for improvement.
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
eGFR less than 60 at your age, 47, is chronic kidney disease stage 3 or stage 3A to be precise. Stage 3 CKD is divided in 2 sub-stages: 3A eGFR 45-59 - 3B eGFR 30-44 Yes, you need to be referred and followed up with a nephrologist (specialist in kidney diseases).

Last updated May 8, 2021