Cookies are small bits of data that a site can send to a computer or device browser. Cookies are used to help sites recognize users and keep track of their preferences. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device until they expire or are deleted.
We use both session and persistent cookies, but most of our cookies are session-based or expire when you log out of our service. Some locally stored cookies we use for specific features do not expire but can be deleted by you.
- Remembering your personal settings, privacy preferences, including collecting your login information.
- Enabling functionality and personalization not available without cookies.
- Delivering the most relevant information to you about HealthTap, including product updates, upgrade information, new content, and special offers.
- Improving the content and performance of our Site by tracking visits to discover how users navigate our service (this data is aggregated across all of our users and is anonymous).
What cookies we use on the site
Below is an overview of the types of Cookies we and third parties may use to collect Personal Information.
- Operational Cookies necessary for the Site. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make our Site available to you. You can block these Cookies by changing your browser settings but, because they are strictly necessary for the operation of the Site, we cannot provide you with the Site without this type of Cookies.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies let us operate certain functions of the Site according to your preferences. Deletion of these types of Cookies will result in limited functionality of the Site and less personalized experience.
- Advertising Cookies. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you, including about HealthTap as well as third party websites and apps. To do so, we and our advertising partners may place and access Cookies through our Site and otherwise collect or access Personal Information collected over time and across different online services. We do not permit the collection of Personally Identifiable Information by third-party advertisers about you while you are on our site. Our advertising partners may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources.
How you can manage and disable cookies
Disabling or rejecting cookies will limit the functionality and convenience of our service. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive cookies and allow you to reject them. You can also delete cookies already on your computer, and set most web browsers to prevent new cookies from being set. However, if you delete cookies and/or prevent new ones, you will have to reenter preferences and settings every time you visit our Site, and some services and functionality may not work.
To learn more about how to control and/or delete your cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
More information about how HealthTap sets third-party cookies is contained in our Privacy Statement.