FL

Very confused my egfr was 79 according to my lab it says normal but on internet it says 100 is normal and i w ok would be stage two chronic kidney disease?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Not accurate: This is not an accurate measure of kidney function. If you have some underlying medical condition which makes kidney disease likely, an accurate measurement of GFR by 24 hour urine collection and other measurements would be advisable.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 49 years experience
EGFR: You must understand that the "e" of egfr means "estimated". It may be higher or lower. To determine what your actual GFR is, go see a physician and have a 24 hour urine for creatinine clearance and protein done. That will give you the actual level of your kidney function. Your kidney function at stage 2 chronic kidney disease should not cause any significant alterations of your life style.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014