Silver Spring, MD

If i normally eat 1,070 calories a day and today i ate 1.177 will i gain weight?

Dr. Dean Giannone
Doubtful : That's about 100 extra calories. Which equates to 1/36th of a pound of body weight. It's doubtful you'd notice this on the scale. But keep this up every day, assuming your activity level is unchanged, you could gain almost one pound per month.
Dr. Gregory Zengo
Anti-Aging Medicine 29 years experience
Depends: Food is so much more than calories. If you only eat meat, whole fruit, and whole vegetables, then it is hard to overeat. 100 calories of broccoli and 100 calories of Pop Tart are treated differently by the body. Activity level plays a huge role in metabolism as well. I tell my patients, look at your MENU first. Once that follows the above list, then look at portions add additional exercise.