I have been sick for a week half w/ cough runny nose and some days fever the past 2 days THE coughing makes me vomit and my cough was wet but its dry ?

Dr. Julie Abbott
44 years experience in Preventive Medicine
Well, it sounds like: you have a viral syndrome. I doubt it was influenza. It is not unusual for a cough that was initially somewhat productive and "wet" to dry up as you are improving. But it may be more persistent due to reactivity of your pulmonary airways. This borders on an asthmatic reaction. Continue to rest, PUSH fluids, take OTC cough medicine, and consider doctor visit for bronchodilating inhaler. Good wishes
Answered on Oct 31, 2015
1