ZA

My son has a runny nose, cough and fever. has been vomiting and eating very little. was ill before coming to the coast with a back drip and cough. he is 2 and half years old. should i take him to the er?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 38 years experience
Physician visit: I would advise seeing a physician, providing small amounts of clear liquids, and treating his fever with Tylenol. He may have bacterial pneumonia or a viral illness.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Depends: Is he playful at times between fever peaks ? Does he take in enough fluids to pee at least every 6-8 hrs? If he does these things it may be something you can monitor. If the fever exceeds 39 c continuously, he won't play, or he spooks you have him seen. The location of the evaluation would depend on what is available.
Last updated Mar 17, 2022