U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 54-year-old female asked:

I want to make an appointment for an overall checkup for myself and my husband. i need to know if i must make an appointment at a gp or a specialist? i also need to have a bunion removed from my left foot and need to know which specialist to see?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
GP: You have to get established with a GP. Based on exam and needs a podiatrist might be consulted by your GP for your bunion.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 25, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.