U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Arab Emirates
A 32-year-old female asked:

Having pain on my left foot below the big toe (more when i stretch back my big toe). doesn't look like bunion. should i see an ortho specialist soon?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jeffery VanYperen
Podiatry 14 years experience
Pain in the big toe: This could be a number of things, such as capsulitis, sesamoiditis, or plantar plate/ligament damage. It would help to know what your activity level is, and if you have experienced any injury/trauma to the foot. See a podiatrist if the pain is not getting any better with anti-inflammatory medication.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 9, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.