U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 57-year-old female asked:

I need to address a bunion on my left foot and would like to consult for minimally invasive bunion surgery. who may i contact that is contracted network doctor or podiatrist. can a podiatrist perform surgery?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 44 years experience
Difficult evaluation: Bunions are a common foot deformities however treatment is much more involved. I would seek multiple opinions from different doctors for no two bunions or patients are the same. Hallux limitus best treatment with an orthotic that allows first rays plantarflexion My foot would seek a good podiatrist
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Ask Benefits person: The person in charge of benefits at the insurance company should know the answer to questions about which doctors, procedures, and hospitals are covered by insurance. You have posted on HealthTap's free, public, informational forum for health questions. People post questions from all over the world. We volunteer doctors on HealthTap do not know people's insurance details.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 1, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.