U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old female asked:

Recently i have foot problems, gp said it could be planter, however a scan showed something called calcifications. i asked the gp to refer me to a specialist , but he said it does not appear to be that serious. my foot is bothering me more and more.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Podiatrist: You don't give enough description of your symptom for a differential diagnosis. Consult a podiatrist. Your foot discomfort is getting worse and will affect your walking. Calcium deposits in the foot can be from calcification tendonitis. Plantar fasciitis causes predominant heel pain and is very common. A podiatrist is definitely best to evaluate and treat you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 30, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.