U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Sinclairville, NY
A 37-year-old male asked:

On the back of my feet my heals or big my doctor wants the bone to be shaved what type of surgery is needed?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Your podiatrist or: orthopedic surgeon will develop a specific surgical plan for you. During consultation - the medical provide should specifically tell you if and which surgical procedures are indicated.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Haglund Heel.: Although I can't be certain, it sounds as though he wants to perform a Haglund procedure on your heel. This to remove an enlarged lump or bump on the back of your heel. Whether it is needed or not is to be decided by you after doing some due diligence and researching the pros and cons of the procedure. It is completely reasonable to acquire a second opinion for your added benefit.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 7, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.