Sinclairville, NY

On the back of my feet my heals or big my doctor wants the bone to be shaved what type of surgery is needed?

Your podiatrist or: orthopedic surgeon will develop a specific surgical plan for you. During consultation - the medical provide should specifically tell you if and which surgical procedures are indicated.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Haglund Heel.: Although I can't be certain, it sounds as though he wants to perform a Haglund procedure on your heel. This to remove an enlarged lump or bump on the back of your heel. Whether it is needed or not is to be decided by you after doing some due diligence and researching the pros and cons of the procedure. It is completely reasonable to acquire a second opinion for your added benefit.

Last updated Jun 7, 2017