I had foot surgery on my left foot to fix my flat foot and the doctor said that they fused my bone and put a screw. when can i walk? physical therapy?

9 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Steven Sheskier answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery

Ask your doc: Surgeon knows best as to when u can walk on your reconstructed foot depending on the type of repair and fusion done. IN general it is 6-10 weeks before you can walk on the foot and usually start off in a short leg boot with crutches and progressive weight bearing. Guided by the X-rays that are used to determine when the bones are fused

Answered 8/22/2014

3.8k views

Ask your surgeon: Your surgeon will take care of your post op care so I suggest following his advice. But to answer your question around 4-6 weeks, could be more depending on how you heal plus what else was done ie tendon work.

Answered 4/18/2016

3.8k views

Flat foot surgery: The doctor who performed the surgery would be the best person to answer your question/

Answered 8/22/2014

3.8k views

This discussion : Should ONLY take place with your surgeon. From your description it is unclear if you had a subtalar stent placed in or if you had a flatfoot reconstruction. If a subtalar stent was put in then the "screw" isn't really a screw its an implant and it did not get placed into any bone, rather was placed ina a canal between the ones.

Answered 8/22/2014

3.8k views

6-8 weeks: If you had a fusion it takes 6-8 weeks for full healing before you can put weight on it. Physical therapy is usually needed afterward as well. I recommend you ask your surgeon these questions since they know exactly what type of surgery you had.

Answered 4/1/2015

3.8k views