New York, NY

Bunion surgery (right foot), 10 weeks ago, i able to only walk for 3 hours before it swells (nothing vigorous), is elliptical machine better?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
You really: should consult with your surgeon. I would consider wearing an elastic anklet that goes over the foot to help control the swelling of the foot. Also, important to ice and elevate at the end of the day.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
More Healing.: Your swelling is likely due to the severity of the bunionectomy. Generally the more work done to correct the problem the longer it takes to make a full recovery. the swelling is demonstrating that the Soft tissue repair has not completed. There may be some instability and the swelling is a response. You would be wise to ask the surgeon if this is normal.