U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chico, CA
A 73-year-old male asked:

A week ago my local urologist found a nodule on my prostate, i have had an enlarged prostate for years, and i am taking flomax. also last week my psa level was 4.89,i haven't had a psa since 2013, but it is normally in the three level over five years ago

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 47 years experience
Follow your: urologist's advice. They are specialists in prostate problems, including cancer. Sometimes, inflammatory conditions of prostate can cause elevated PSA levels, but this nodule might need biopsy for definitive diagnosis and proper treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 5, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.