A member asked:

What are fibroids please? scan is showing a 5cm x 4cm object in uterus but doc can't tell if it joined onto lining or not so got another scan 2 weeks

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Andrew Doe answered

Specializes in Radiology - Interventional

They are tumors that are not cancer, but can cause heavy periods, fullness in your pelvis/belly, and discomfort. The best imaging exam is an mri. Ultrasound gives you an idea, but MRI is the best study.

Answered Jun 10, 2014



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Lillian Schapiro answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

A sonohysterogram, injecting fluid into the uterus while doing an ultrasound, is the best way to tell if the fibroid is in the cavity. These cramp, so you may want to take Ibuprofen before. If it is in the cavity, it can probably be removed with hysteroscopy. Otherwise you may need a davinci robot myomectomy or open myomectomy.

Answered Jun 25, 2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor