What is the best filler for lip injections?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Lip Filler

Hyaluronic acid fillers (juvederm or restylane) are the best products for injectable lip augmentation.
Radiesse, (dermal fillers) sculptra, and artefill are not suitable for the lips and may cause significant problems. Permanent augmentation with implants such as permalip are reasonable in the right circumstances - as are fat and smas implants. Best to seek the advice of a facial plastic surgeon. Hope this helps!

In brief: Lip Filler

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
3 comments
Dr. Lornell Hansen
I agree with Dr. Pollard. I prefer to inject Juvederm in the lips as it is a little softer then Restylane.
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Of the available fillers in US, Juvederm is my preferred lip filler as well.
Dr. H. william Song
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Restylane (dermal fillers)

I like to use restylane, (dermal fillers) or juvederm for lip enhancements because they are soft and less likely to cause lumpiness.
Collagen is no longer favored because of high risk of allergic reactions and short duration. Permanent fillers like silicone carry higher risk of systemic side effects and are difficult to remove if you are not happy with the results. Restylane (dermal fillers) is now fda approved for use in the lips.

In brief: Restylane (dermal fillers)

Dr. H. william Song
Dr. H. william Song
Dr. Henry Mentz
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Lip Injections

Hyaluronic Acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane (dermal fillers) temporarily plump the lips, and can last approximately six months to a year, depending on the filler. On the other hand, fat grafts can last for months or even years.
The fat grafting procedure involves liposuctioning areas from the patients' own body such as inner thighs or abdomen and carefully injecting it into the lips.

In brief: Lip Injections

Dr. Henry Mentz
Dr. Henry Mentz
Dr. Payman Danielpour
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Juvederm

I prefer to use juvéderm which is a hyaluronic acid however Restylane (dermal fillers) can also used.
Hyaluronic acids are used for lip augmentation.

In brief: Juvederm

Dr. Payman Danielpour
Dr. Payman Danielpour
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Depends on Patient.

http://www.facialplastics.
info/dermalfillers.html at my practice, we generally use juvederm for lip injections because it feels more natural than Restylane (dermal fillers) due to it's consistency. Micro cannulas are changing the entire process to get better outcomes and make the process more comfortable for patients without bruising.

In brief: Depends on Patient.

http://www.facialplastics.
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh
Dr. John Hoffmann
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hyaluronic acid

Hyaluronic acid (ha) fillers are probably the best option for lip fillers at this time.
They are soft under the skin and can be injected within specific rhytids. In general they will not last quite as long in the very mobile lips than elsewhere in the face.

In brief: Hyaluronic acid

Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology

In brief: Juvederm lip filler

Juvederm works very nicely as a hyaluronic acid for lip definition, augmentation, plumping.
It generates a smooth contour. It binds your own water molecules and fills by this volume. If overcorrected or if the technique produces a bump, it can be dissolved by hyaluronidase. Restylane (dermal fillers) works similarly but is a little more firm.

In brief: Juvederm lip filler

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology

In brief: Restylane (dermal fillers) & Juvederm

Lips are treated well for filling by juvederm and Restylane (dermal fillers) hyaluronic acids.
These fillers often last 8 to 10 months or more in the lips. Some of my patients have had volume augmentation for more than one year in the lips. If there is some adjustment that needs to be made with these fillers, they can be reduced with hyaluronidase injections, but other fillers don't have an "antidote".

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Lip injections

Not all fillers have FDA approval for use in the lips.
Speak to your surgeon prior to having injections.

In brief: Lip injections

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: HA gels

I'm a fan of the hyaluronic acid (ha) gels, like Restylane (dermal fillers) and juvederm.
They are well tolerated, don't typically get lumpy if injected correctly, and can be reversed if you don't like it.

In brief: HA gels

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Janet Turkle
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hyaluronic acid prod

In brief: Hyaluronic acid prod

Juvederm and Restylane (dermal fillers) are fda approved for lip augmentation.
Dr. Janet Turkle
Dr. Janet Turkle
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Hyaluronic acid

Most plastic surgeons and dermatologists prefer hyaluronic acid fillers for lip injection or augmentation.
Hyaluronic acid is a material already found within the skin and naturally enhances the lips. Both Restylane (dermal fillers) and juvederm are made of hyaluronic acid, which provides soft and natural results. Fat injection is another option, but typically requires more anesthesia and downtime.

In brief: Hyaluronic acid

Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: HA fillers

Any of the ha fillers are good for lip injections (restylane (dermal fillers) or juvederm).
These avoid lumps. Autologous fat is also a good filler.

In brief: HA fillers

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo