does umbilical hernia cause stomach to indent?

Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
Umbilical hernia: Usually sticks out at belly button area and usually will not cause your abdomen to indent. Show it to your doctor to be sure.

India

How can I help my baby enjoy tummy time?

Dr. Becky White
Lay down with her: Get down on the floor with her. Singing and playing games with her will encourage her to stay there longer.

Having pain, pressure and popping sound with large incional hernia. N/v unable to have bm. Is this normal it hasnt hurt before.?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Post op complication: If you are having pain, not having any bowel movement and you are sick please get to the closest emergency room if you can. Call 911 if you must. If you are hesitant please page the surgeon on call for your surgeon to make sure that someone can give you exact advice today.
Killeen, TX

When does the dark line and spots on my stomach from pregnancy go away?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Never: The dark line (linea nigra) may fade some after you deliver, but it will usually not go away completely. You will likely notice that it will darken with eac pregnancy.
Sayreville, NJ

I have horrible cramps && can't stop going to the bathroom .. It wasn't something I ate. But my stomach has been upset for awhile now ..?

Dr. Vance Harris
Viral infection: Viral infections are the most common cause of gastroenteritis. This causes severe diarrhea and cramping. If it doesn't resolve over the next few days then i would see your physician. If you run high fevers or feel especially ill i would recommend getting checked out. Most of these resolve on their own.

What are the possible causes for the fluttering feeling in my stomach?

Dr. Mark Rasak
Cardiology 33 years experience
Many times its heart: Sometimes palpitations from the heart can feel like a stomach problem. The opposite is also true. So a n ekg and or a holter along with a GI work up such as an upper GI may be needed. The stomach and heart share nervous innervation and can have "cross talk". A thorough history and physical should be able to point your doctor in the right direction.

Last updated Oct 26, 2020