why do some of my teeth have a slight browning by the gum line?

Dr. David Mjos
Dentistry 44 years experience
Normal color?: Teeth are usually darker at the gum line. It could also be decay and needs to be checked.
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Buianswered
Dentistry 23 years experience
Normal pigment: Slight browning by the gum line is just a variation the normal pigment of the gum. These pigment actually changes over time. Do not be alarm. It is not pathological.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Have it checked: It could be surface stain, discolored composite or calculus formation. Only way to know for sure is to have a dentist take a look at it.