I think i have hidden inflammation and my urine has protein in it but my doctor said its fine that its bubbling and today i had black stool. kidney?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 32 years experience
Go see your doctor: Black stool is worrisome for bleeding in stomach/intestine/colon (although can also be caused by peptobismol etc). Black stool is not due to a kidney problem. Your doctor can do simple urine test to look for protein (and refer you to gastroenterologist for colonoscopy). More important to work w/doc to get to bottom of what's troubling you. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 22, 2013