how can i get over my fear of taking medication?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Better informed: Talk it over with your doctor. Sometimes the information from the internet really frightens people unnecessarily. If you must use the internet, try sites like webmd and not from a whining person. Remember that we only complain about a restaurant when the food or service is terrible, we rarely praise one when everything is just right.
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Get evaluated: You need to make an appointment with a psychiatrist to first get a thorough evaluation and then a diagnosis. Your fear of medication may be a symptom of an underlying anxiety disorder, fear of loss of control and dependence, and so on. It's fairly common, and sometimes, easy to treat. Sharing with a professional is the first step. Call for an appointment tomorrow.