what should i use to stop grinding my teeth at night besides a splint?

Dr. Behram Dalal
Dentistry 31 years experience
There are many: Oral devices that are helpful in this regard. Two of the most common ones are the nti and the bitesoft devices - both of which cause posterior disclusion - prevent your back teeth from touching so there is a space between your back teeth. Consult with your dentist to see which device would be best suited for your condition. Hope this helps.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
Many causes: Someone may grind their teeth for a number of reasons. Often, the problem occurs because the muscles of the face and jaw are trying to get the teeth in a comfortable position. The muscles may be in spasm, you may have a tmj/tmd problem, stress, infection. Best to see a dentist asap. Often the cause is difficult to determine, so may have to treat the symptoms with a mouthpiece.