I have a hiatal hernia and esophagitis. i drank a glass of water early evening of the day and ever since ive been feeling extremely nauseous and my throat feels tight. not sure what to do or why i feel like this. i was feeling fine until i drank it?

Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 36 years experience
It is hard to say. Water is innocuous. It is possible that drinking it too fast caused a reflex spasm of the esophagus. If so it will go away. Do not eat or drink any thing for a few hours . Then drink fluids slowly in sips. Hope you feel better.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.