U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old male asked:

Hello i am 23 years old boy, can i take height supplement vita growth or if any other please suggest for height growth?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
It is likely at age 23 you are ~5 years past the end of growing any taller. Such growth requires open growth centers in the bones, which close in most males at 16-18. An x-ray of your wrist/hand can identify growth centers and status. If closed you are finished & no diet/supplement/exercise or meds will change that.
Dr. Christine Hom
Pediatrics 31 years experience
At 23-25 years of age it is almost certain that your growth plates at the ends of long bones in your legs are fused. That means that you cannot grow those bones any longer. Your height is mostly based on your parents' heights and it is best to appreciate all the things that you have with the body that you have. Some people wear shoe lifts or similar structure, but they are not usually happier

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 8, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.