U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old member asked:

Do yo think it'll be okay for me to use a growth enhancer supplement called gloxi here in the philippines? i am already 21 years old and have below 5 ft height.

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Growth Supplement: Save your money, you're not going to grow any further in height, at least. Your growing years have passed.
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Basics: Any gain in height would require that your growth centers be open. A single x-ray of your wrist/hand can be examined for "bone age" and if it finds your growth centers closed, no more height is possible. Males generally close their growth centers between 16-19 so at 21 there is little chance you could get taller whatever you do.Save your money.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 29, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.