GB

Had bunion surgery 2 1/2 yr ago, been wearing heels since then & no problem. wore them after long time yesterday & very small hard bump has appeared where bunion used to be. is this swelling? will it go away? most recent surgery on other foot is fine?

Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 44 years experience
The good news it’s not painful. It could be slowing do too your activity in the shoes you were wearing. With proper icing and anti-inflammatory medication it should resolve without any problem. If it continues it’s very possible that a ganglionic cyst developing . This is not a problem to worry about it can be taken care of very nicely and easily. If it continues to concern you go back to surgeon
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Pain Management 33 years experience
Since it may be a temporary condition related to overactivity, observation initially would be appropriate in the short term with the use of over the counter analgesics. If it doesn't resolve or if pain develops you should follow up with the foot surgeon who helped you previously.