U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old female asked:

Good day i have bunions on my foot. recently its been getting painful and i noticed that one is getting bigger. how can i treat it and is surgery necessary? if it is, will it be covered from the hospital side?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
If severe: you may require a bunionectomy. If not. orthotics and medication for pain and inflammation. See apodiatreist for definitive therapy.

Related questions

A 42-year-old member asked:
Do i need to get the screw taken out of my foot from my bunion surgery?
5 doctor answers16 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old female asked:
Other than surgery, what can be done about bunions? I have them on both sides of both feet.
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 14, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.