MI

Acute pancreatitis 3 years ago and havent had a drop of alch. since diagnosis. recently went i got tests on my pancreas and my lipase came back 13 based on 16-63 range & amylase came back 39 in 2-125 range. looking for 2nd opinion on results?

Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Normal. Lowish lipase means nothing.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Your pancreatic enzymes are normal, you have made the right changes in your lifestyle to avoid further damage on your pancreas.
Pathology 50 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your results are normal. Abstain from alcohol. Wish you good health!
Last updated May 18, 2021