KY

I had a biopsy of a lesion on hard palate. doc said its a vascular malformation after biopsy came back. should i get a second opinion?

Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dentistry 22 years experience
Not needed: If your doctor did a biopsy and the result was a vascular malformation, then there is really no need to get a second opinion. However, there is no harm in doing so, but the second opinion may come at the price of another biopsy. :).
Dr. Jason Cataldo
dentistry - Periodontics 25 years experience
You can: That's good biopsy news. If you are unsure, though, you can. Remember - the doc was reading from a biopsy report from an oral pathologist. You can request a copy of the report to be interpreted by another doctor, or you can have the tissue analyzed by another laboratory. It's likely though that you cannot have another biopsy since the lesion is likely gone (maybe). I hope this helps!
Dr. Barry Levin
Periodontics 28 years experience
No but monitor: As long as the biopsy was performed properly, you should be ok. However, conditions change, recur, worsen, so make sure your doctor follows up regularly.

Last updated Sep 25, 2016