FL

I lost bottom 1/2 of tooth #8 & had it built up-fractured above gum-should i extract now for bone graft (prep for implant) or wait until end of ortho?

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dentistry 43 years experience
Wait: 400 characters is insufficient for an in depth description, but suffice it to say that the remaining portion of #8 can be extruded and the bone/gum will follow. This should eliminate the need for a graft, the placement of an immediate implant and a temporary implant crown. This technique requires patience, compliance, skill, but delivers optimum results and insured good esthetics!

Last updated May 5, 2016