FL

What degree of post-op pain can i expect from bone grafting for future dental implant? like bone/gum grafting of 3 front lower teeth due to recession?

Dr. Larry Gottlieb
Dentistry 42 years experience
Not too bad: I have not a bone graft myself. However my patients seem not to complain about pain after they had it. Soreness for a few days. You should take whatever pain meds are prescribed for you.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Important to determine what caused the recession in the first place, and to correct that before any surgical repair.
Apr 11, 2014
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry 43 years experience
Same as any surgery: after surgery pain and swelling will vary from one person to another, nevertheless,you should be able to control the pain with pain killers and anti inflammatory medication that your surgeon will be prescribing. The pain if any should taper off after the first 24 hours. You should just avoid the area from food and brushing for a couple of weeks and you will do very well. Go for it.
Dr. Andres Carbunaru
Dentistry - Prosthodontics 25 years experience
Very little: Do not worry to much about pain, most people is able to handle that with ice and few ibuprofen

Last updated Jul 13, 2021