Cambridge City, IN

My doctor wants to use propofol on me for my endoscopy because he said versed & fentanyl didnt work well w/ my colonoscopy . is propofol safer?

Dr. Evans Crevecoeur
Anesthesiology 35 years experience
It is a safe drug: Propofol is a safe drug if administer by an anesthesiologist or a CRNA. During administration of the drug the patient has to be fully monitored. The monitors are the following. Ekg, blood pressure, pulse oxymeter ( measures the blood oxygen content) and a capnogram (measure the end tidal co2). The drug is short acting, intravenously administered.

Last updated Sep 17, 2020