Port Neches, TX

7 weeks of swollen partoid gland .but can't feel lumps feel normal.doc think paratitis my nurse sister said was wrong meds doc gave me .cancer scare?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Consider 2nd opinion: If you have persistent swelling of your Parotid gland, you should seek a second opinion from an ENT doctor or have your family doctor test it further with an Ultrasound examination...looking for any tumor or mass inside the gland.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Parotitis???: Most common thing that causes swollen parotid gland is infection with Mumps virus. Did you get the MMR vaccine when you were younger? When u get parotitis it obliterates thje angle of the jaw. you move back along the bottom of jaw bone and as it moves up towards your ear you can't feel it because of swollen gland. You decide who was right- Doc or Sis. Paro cancer very rare!!!
Last updated Mar 23, 2019