India

I have small flexible lump under chin. my doc said its just a swellen lymph node. but i am worried about cancer. plz help. i have phobia of cancers?

If you have a: Fear of cancer that is impacting your quality of life would encourage you to consider cognitive behavioral therapy or psychotherapy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 52 years experience
Watch it for changes: The lumps are not worrysome if they are small(less than 2cm/ or half inch) in size. If they are bigger or grow in size while you watch them for 1 to 2 months, then you have to get suspicious and show them to you doctor. An increase in size by 50% would be of concern, small changes are not of much concern. So check it and estimate/measure the size once every 2-3 weeks and you will know what to do.
Last updated Apr 29, 2014