If im on zoloft 100 mg i dont fell so good doc want me to go back to paxil (paroxetine) if i tapering cross well take long to paxil (paroxetine) make me feel good ?

Dr. Christopher Lucas
Cross tapering: it will take at least a month to switch over, halve the dose every week and start the paxil (paroxetine) after a week - increase it each week as you reduce the zoloft
Dr. Matthew Smith
Hopefully not long: The cross-taper itself usually doesn't take long. At that point, it may be that the positive effect of the Paxil (paroxetine) starts right away. However, truthfully, there is a chance that a therapeutic dose of Paxil (paroxetine) may take some days or weeks to start working, although that chance may be small that it will take that long, if someone had it working for him n the past.
Last updated Oct 23, 2018