A member asked:

I want to switch from zoloft 150 mg to paxil (paroxetine). how can i do that in a healthy way and without talking to my doc?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Lynne Weixel answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

You don't have to talk to your present doc, but (IMHO) you do need to talk to another doc. Again, it is my opinion, but strongly held that psychotropic meds including SSRIs are not for DIY projects. The have powerful effects, interactions, side effects and withdrawal challenges. No OTC use is appropriate. I'm really glad you care about doing it in a healthy manner. But you need to find a pro!

Answered Jun 23, 2014



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor