Can I switch from Paxil (paroxetine) 20 immediately to Zoloft 45 w/o tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)? I've had hard time getting off pax. I don't want to half both and take it.

Dr. Olav Jaren
18 years experience in Neurology
Switching Rx: That dose of paxil (paroxetine) is not very high, and it's possible you could make the switch. The zoloft should help take its place. If you have any thoughts about how to change from one to the other though, you should get your instructions from your long term provider. They should have a chance to approve anything we say here, at least.
Answered on Oct 23, 2018
1