My doc gave me Buspar (buspirone) since 2 months now and it's not working. Also proved antidepressants like zoloft, efexor, cymbalta, prozac, wellbutrin, paxil?

Dr. Byron Law-Yone
54 years experience in Psychiatry
Dont quit treatment: I am assuming that you had the dose of Buspar adjusted appropriately and you took it for 6 to 8 weeks. Have you tried pristiq, viibryd, (vilazodone hydrochloride) lexapro, Celexa ? There is a group of antidepressants known as maois and also tricyclics that may help. There is also magnetic brain stimulation. Ask your psychiatrist.
Answered on Jun 1, 2019