Canada

my 9 year old daughter has costochondritis and she has build up flem in her chest finds it hard to breath i'm i doing things right to break it up by vaprior n lemon tea and honey vicks on chest n back n and children advil cold n flu or do i take her to ho

Dr. David Lipkin
See physician today: Without knowing more detail, if your daughter seems to be having trouble breathing she should be examined as soon as possible. Costochondritis would not cause any of her symptoms
Dr. Que Chu
Dr. Que Chuanswered
General Practice 46 years experience
Hard to breathe: Children with breathing difficulty should be rapidly evaluated for possible respiratory compromise. In the case of your child it may be due to costochondritis or due to some other causes which could be serious. So please call her doctor asap or even bring her to ER if needed.