How long is a night guard supposed to last? i've had my night guard for teeth grinding for a little over two years, but it already seems to be not fitting right and slipping out of my mouth. is two years a normal amount of time before having to get a new

Dr. Harry Aronowitz
Orthodontics 44 years experience
Wow, : Wow, that really depends. Are you a grinder or a clencher? Is it made of hard or soft material? In general the hard material lasts much longer than the soft and the clenchers nightgaurd lasts much longer than the grinders. With proper care a hard nightgaurd should last many years.
Dr. Michael Wollock
Dentistry 29 years experience
Idaho : Idaho falls, there are many different types of night guards and many different rates at which patients grind/clench. So, there is no magic length of time that a night guard should last. However, the average for my patients is five to seven years, assuming their dog doesn't eat it. I do have several patients who need a new one every six months. They and i would always rather replace a night guard then replace all their teeth. Hope this is helpful, michael i. Wollock, dmd, agd fellow dentistry at suburban square 610-649-0313 www.Dentistryatsuburbansquare.Com.
Dr. Zev Kaufman
Cosmetic Dentistry 27 years experience
A : A properly made, hard, night guard, designed for bruxing/clenching should last for about 5 years. The acrylic material is designed for that. However there are people who will go thorough it at a much faster rate. You must go back to your dentist, have it inspected, and have it replaced as needed.
Dr. Mike Deldar
Cosmetic Dentistry 24 years experience
Search: What you have is like a bandied , try to find a neuromuscular dentist in your area to help you and fabricate you the physiologic bite splint to help you with your grinding and bite issues.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017