How safe is the material that false teeth are made of to our bodies and to the fillings of our teeth?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Very safe: Unless there is some specific allergy to any of the materials used, it is extremely safe and nothing to be overly concerned about.
Dr. Leonard Tau
Specializes in Dentistry
Flase teeth and fine: False teeth and fillings are safe for the body. All materials are approved for use. Should not pose a health risk at all.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 42 years experience
Very: Has been in use for decades and very safe when used as directed, and checked as directed by your dentist, at least 2x a year.
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dentistry - Cosmetic 36 years experience
Can be very safe: If you seek care from a reputable dentist I am sure there will be no issues with this as far as dental science currently understands. If a dentist utilizes a dental laboratory that uses substandard materials that may be an issue. I would ask the dentist about their materials and the dental laboratory materials. In many instances the lab provides a sticker that provides information on materials.
Last updated May 27, 2013