Pakistan

I am scheduled for an mri in dec but i have 2 mercury fillings plus one metal nail in one of my root canalled teeth. is it safe for me to get an mri?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 34 years experience
You should: be fine, but inform the MRI technologist of any metal in your body prior to the scan.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Peter Nefcy
Radiology 40 years experience
Yes, except...: The mercury fillings are not important for MRI studies. The metal nail may be a problem if it is an old treatment or performed in certain countries, most notably the eastern european countries. In these circumstances, it is possible that the tooth with the nail could heat up or become loose with MRI. At your age, that is unlikely, however. Tell details to the MRI tech before you start study.
Last updated Jul 1, 2019