Ipswich, MA

I have braces and i am planning on getting jaw surgery to get rid of my under bite. i need more info on it. can anyone help?

Dr. Daniel Quon
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 42 years experience
Ask your surgeon: Your orthodontist and/or your surgeon would be the best source for information as they are the ones most knowledgeable about what type of surgery will be required to correct your problem. Another source would be a search on the internet.
Dr. Majid Jamali
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 26 years experience
Jaw surgery: I think you should sit down with a surgeon for couple of hours and discuss the surgery, including the procedure, outcome, risks.
Dr. David Schleimer
Talk with ortho & OS: If you are "in" braces", then you should have been examined, diagnosed and properly informed about the plan of surgical treatment. The jaw surgery to correct your underbite could be surgical reduction of the lower jaw or forward surgical positioning of the upper jaw or both. The orthodontist and os are a team working together, and they should explain all aspects of the procedures to you.

Last updated Apr 16, 2013