Spiro, OK

I form lumps in my breast they are not a mass and one of them is not a cyst they done ultrasound and mammogram but it still scared me what is it?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
Lump: Being scared is a normal feeling. However, do not let the fear take over your life. If no strong family history of breast/ovarian cancer, having a normal mammo and sono are sufficient and they should put your mind on ease. F/u with your md and have annual clinical breast exam and you can also do self breast check.But, if you are at high risk-strong family history-mri need to be considered. D/w md.
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 23 years experience
You have what I call "busy breasts" that are lumpy to the touch and difficult to interpret on breast imaging (mammogram, ultrasound). I recommend you consult with a breast specialist. This specialist can examine you on a regular basis and review your imaging. as stated above, you have to become familiar with your breasts by being diligent with monthly breast self exams.
Sep 23, 2012
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 23 years experience
See a breast doctor: It is important not to panic, but to take action to get the answer. It sounds like you need a biopsy (sample of the mass) in order to find out what this is. Contact your doctor for a referral to a breast specialist. Most biopsies will come back as noncancerous.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 33 years experience
Can't tell based: on limited information, but if you look at the bottom of the report, there will be a BIRADS category for the lesion, which is the radiologist's level of suspicion. BIRADS 2 is benign, 3 is probably benign(less than 2% chance of cancer), 4 is suspicious(about 30%), and 5 is highly suspicious(about 75% or more).

Last updated Jul 23, 2014