Elk Grove Village, IL

what will an oncologist suggest for a patient with 16 lbs weight loss, ct with small masses on liver and one on kidney, swollen lymph nodes, and scarring skin rash?

Dr. Stephen Noga
Medical Oncology 34 years experience
Biopsy: If not already done, one of these masses will need to be sampled to tell exactly what it is.
Dr. Christian Schultheis
Hematology and Oncology 24 years experience
Get a biopsy: Without a pathologic diagnosis, they may not say much. However, if you go to one, then they will most likely do a further work up to try and find a cause. Good luck.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
Work-up: You should have further ealuation- some blood work at least to rule out other causes like autoimmune problems i.e. Systemic lupus erythematosus ( discoid lupus can be presented as round scarring rash or other manifestation) . Also, if not been done, biopsy would need to be done on one of those lesions. Discuss further with your doctor.
Dr. Eric Chevlen
Medical Oncology 47 years experience
First, biopsy: The oncologist will likely recommend a biopsy to establish a diagnosis. Choice of therapy depends on (1) whether patient has cancer, (2) where it began, (3) where it has spread, and (4) overall health of the patient.