U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Ellicott City, MD
A 60-year-old female asked:

I have a seb keratosis on the side of my l breast -not cancer. it's not big but if i get it removed should i go to my dermat. or a plastic surgeon?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Soheila Rostami
Specializes in Ophthalmology
Either one: Many dermatologist are train to remove lesions from the body. Plastic surgeons are as well trained to remove lesions from the body, but they are capable of removing much more complicated lesions with reconstruction of the area. So depend of the size of the lesion and location, you may want to go to a plastic surgeon and even plastic surgeon with different specialty.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.