Jacksonville, FL

i had reconstructive breast surgery in december 2014. why are my new ones so misshapen? do i have to pay to get another plastic surgeon to fix them?

Dr. Suman Das
Plastic Surgery 54 years experience
Asymmetrical breasts: If you had mastectomy of one side it is not uncommon at all to have 2 different size and shaped breasts.Usuaslly,your other breast is smaller or saggy or bigger.All these are corrected in the second operation.Your insurance company will pay for that as they paid for your first one.Go back to your original Plastic surgeon and he wil help you.
Dr. Krishna Narayanan
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Implant: Was the reconstruction performed with Implants or with own tissue? Please check first with the surgeon who performed the surgery for possible explanation for the shape.
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das commented
Plastic Surgery 54 years experience
Dr.Narayanan is quite right.It is a possibility.Whatever is the case you should go back to your original surgeon.
Jul 13, 2015
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das commented
Plastic Surgery 54 years experience
We need to find the problem first and then solve it.We do not have much information other than a deformed breast.The first surgeon has all the informations.She should start there.
Jul 13, 2015
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Plastic Surgery 46 years experience
Revision of breast: Of course, it is a new operation being done.