Tucson, AZ

help me i'm having fits of anger and depression, i started cutting myself, today i carved "monster" in my leg?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
Clearly need an appt: Please seek immediate assistance by calling: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288) And take a look at this website www.selfinjury.com If neither of these 2 options can get you immediate assistance then, an evaluation at your local ER needs to happen. Good luck and be well.
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
One cuts because the pain of cutting helps block the unbearable emotional pain. You are not a monster but there may be a monster in your life causing you trauma. You deserve better. Get to a mental health facility right away so you can get help with this.
Nov 28, 2014
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Seek help ASAP: Please seek help with your doctor or go to emergency department today. Depression is treatable and you need to get help with this immediately. Medications and counseling can help with the sadness, anger and desires to hurt yourself. Do not delay. This is an illness. Please seek help today.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
Cutting: Meds and therapy together are your best bet. Get a psychiatric evaluation for what ails you, and what cutting means to you as well as anything else that may be going on. Then get a referral to a reputable psychotherapist to help with the emotional issues behind cutting. DO THIS RIGHT NOW. TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND GO TO YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOM OR DIAL 911 IMMEDIATELY.

Last updated Sep 29, 2016