U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

I have a rash that looks like ringworm on my face by my nose but i've been treating it with sporanox (itraconazole) but it's not going away...what else could it be?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Archana Kayastha
Pediatrics 28 years experience
Ring worm: You need to use Clotrimazole twice a day x 4-6 weeks to treat the rash. I am not sure how long the rash has been there, I would recommend seeing a doctor.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
See a drmatologist: Stop Sporanox (itraconazole). You probably do not have a fungus on your face. If you did, this would not be preferred treatment. Start with a diagnosis by a skin specialist, then you will probably receive effective therapy.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.