Is sporanox ( itraconazole) an effective treatment for seborrheic dermatitis on face and scalp??

48 years experience in Pathology
No: Itraconazole is an antifungal drug and will not treat seborrehic dermatitis, if that is what you have. It would be prudent to see a doctor, especially a dermatologist. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.
Answered on Jan 11, 2020
1