Edison, NJ
A male asked:

Should i have my crown lengthening done by an oral surgeon or periodontist? i understand that it can be done by both.

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Periodontist: It can even be performed by a general dentist who feels comfortable with the procedure, but I would go with a periodontist.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Periodontist: Dental crown lengthening involves the removal of gum tissue to expose more of a tooth's structure. A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of the gums. In addition to four years of dental school, periodontists also complete at least 3 more years of specialized study in this field. Call your periodontist today
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Ask: Ask your Restorative Dentist who he/she prefers to do the procedure. Work with the Specialist that your Generalist prefers you to see because of their track record.

Last updated Dec 3, 2019